Fudgey Brownies

You know those days when your brain is telling you to eat fresh, wholesome foods, but your taste buds and stomach are telling you buy a roll of cookie dough, take a spoon to it, and call it dinner? Yeah, I have those days a lot. I'm going to blame my genetics since I come from a family of sweet eaters. Give us a choice between salty or sweet and we'll choose sweet just about every time.


If you are nodding in agreement to this, you have come to the right place. These Fudgey Brownies will give you that rich, chocolatey, thick, chewy, fudgey sensation that every sweet-aholic experiences (quite often). Not only is the brownie batter quite delicious, but the baked treats are even more enticing. Hard to believe, since I am usually one to eat the dough and forgo the baking; it saves time and money on electricity. Some might call it lazy, but I call it efficient and yummy.


With these brownies, definitely spend the time to bake these and a little extra money turning on your oven--you'll want to try the end result of these pieces of perfection. In fact, I intentionally made these recipe result in only six brownies because I knew the more I had laying around, the more tempted I'd be to binge on brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner until they were gone. Not a good thing, especially during bikini season.

Feel free to double this easy recipe to make a bigger batch. If you have that much will power, I certainly applaud you. And for all of you telling your taste buds and stomach to be quiet and start craving healthy foods, go ahead and make a batch of these brownies. After all, we all deserve a little break from being good every once in a while!


Fudgey Brownies (adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction)
(6 brownies)

5 Tbsp unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or any other candy

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 7x5x1.5 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each time, until butter is completely melted. (I only had to microwave my mixture for 40 seconds total.) Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.

After the mixture has cooled, stir in the vanilla extract. Next, add the egg and beat until it is fully incorporated. Add the flour and mix until just combined, careful not to over mix. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips (or candy of your choosing).

Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 24-26 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center only comes out with a few crumbs and the batter no longer looks liquidy. Cool in pan completely before cutting into brownies.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 269.4
Total Fat: 14.2 g
Cholesterol: 56.9 mg
Sodium: 55.7 mg
Total Carbs: 38.5 g
Fiber: 3.1 g
Sugars: 30.2 g
Protein: 3.4 g

Pros:
-Very easy to make (only one bowl and no mixer required!)
-Makes a small batch, but can easily be doubled to make more brownies
-Delicious, thick, rich, chewy, fudgey brownies
-Brownies keep in airtight bag or container for up to a week
-Versatile-add your favorite chocolate chips, candy, or other mix-ins to brownie batter

Cons:
-High in fat and calories

Elaine

8 comments:

  1. MMM I wish I had a batch of these in front of me right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Kristi! That would certainly help me get through this Tuesday.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, my kiddo just walked in the room and saw the brownies on the screen.... and decided he now wants brownies lol. Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing this afternoon :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's great! I hope you two enjoyed those brownies. :)

      Delete
  3. Lol, every day my stomach tells me to eat dessert over anything else. It'd be dangerous to have these thick, glorious, fudgy brownies lying around but waistline be damned! I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like our stomachs are one in the same. I could eat dessert for every meal. Not good! Hope you enjoy these brownies, Nancy.

      Delete
  4. Made these last evening & delish! Not sure why I always buy a mix, these were super easy (love that especially)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW I FINALLY GOT CURED FROM HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2 THROUGH HERBALIST RAZOR HERBAL MEDICINE, What else can I say about him [HERBALIST RAZOR], today I am very grateful to him as I am finally cured of herpes Virus 1&2 . I know there are many people out there who are also in searching for cure to one disease or the other, you can as well get Dr Razor the great now for herbal medicine help through his contact address on herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com also on mobile what's app no +2349065420442 as I fully believe he is able and capable also getting rid of disease like HIV/AIDS, HPV, CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS A.B,C,D,E . : Herbalist Razor Facebook PAGE : https://www.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure/
    Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips