Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Casserole

Know anyone who doesn't like vegetables? I'm betting that you do. And I'm also willing to bet that they are over the age of 5. I was never a huge fan of vegetables growing up, but I've learned that if they are prepared correctly and have enough seasoning and other flavorful ingredients mixed with them, vegetables can actually be pretty tasty (except peas...I despise peas). But I know a lot of people who refuse to even look in the direction of a vegetable. However, this casserole will change any picky eater's mind. In fact, I've seen first hand a vegetable hater love this dish (Hi Uncle Kenny!).


If changing the mind of vegetable haters in your family is not enough of a reason to try this recipe, then maybe telling you how healthy, easy, and quick this recipe is will convince you to make this dish. I know, too good to be true, right? Nope! With only one mixing bowl required, this dish is mixed and ready for the oven in a flash. After about 30 minutes of baking, you have yourself one tasty, healthy, less than 100 calories per serving side dish. Totally justifies second and third servings. And with how delicious this casserole is, it's hard for even the vegetable haters to resist multiple servings!

Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Casserole
(8-10 servings)

30 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 8-ounce package fat free cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup Light Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.

Drain the thawed spinach by placing it in a towel and twisting until no more liquid comes out.

Add the drained spinach to a large mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese and Miracle Whip, and mix until ingredients are blended together. Add the Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and artichoke hearts. Mix ingredients until blended.

Pour ingredients into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 87.2
Total Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 10.9 mg
Sodium: 390.7 mg
Total Carbs: 8.4 g
Fiber: 3.0 g
Sugars: 1.0 g
Protein: 8.4 g

Pros:
-Very easy to make
-Prep and bake time is less than an hour
-Delicious (even vegetable haters will love this recipe!)
-Very healthy-low in fat, calories, sugars, carbohydrates, and cholesterol and high in fiber
-Great leftovers

Cons:
-High in sodium

Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

11 comments:

  1. This will be okay freezed...right? Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not! Although, I can't imagine that you'll have any leftovers to freeze. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha I was half tempted to grab some pita chips and dip them into this casserole! Basically one and the same. :)

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing--thank you so much for sharing on What's In Your Kitchen Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you made this a casserole instead of a dip. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This casserole is a little more hearty than a dip, but they are very similar. I adore spinach artichoke dip, so I love having it as a side dish. And you can't beat that it's on the light side too!

      Delete
  5. I was diagnosed of HERPES virus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist named Dr Erayo who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus. At first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try. when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery service. when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me steps and directions on how to apply it, after applying the way I was instructed, I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES. All thanks to Dr Erayo for helping me get rid of this virus. Contact the herbal doctor via whatsapp +2348151937428 OR
    email:(drerayoherbalhome@gmail.com)
    (1)Alzheimer virus
    (2)Cancer
    (3)HIV
    (4)Herpes
    (5)Genital warts
    (6)ALS
    (7)Virginal infection
    (8)HPV
    (9)Hepatitis
    (10)Asthma
    WEBSITE LINK; www.alternativeherbs.weebly.com
    YOUTUBE LINK; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp2m-_EHnCRQT4gYYTQWtg
    FB LINK; https://rb.gy/yuofn6

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Great Dr.OLIHA Herbal medicine is a good or perfect cure remedy for HIV Virus, I was diagnosed of HIV for almost 5 years, everyday i am always on research looking for a perfect way to get rid of this terrible disease as i always knew that what we need for our health is right here on earth though the scientist say there is know cure for this disease,on my search I saw some different testimony on how Dr. OLIHA has been able to cure HIV with is herbal medicine. I decided to contact this man, I contacted him and he guided me on how to purchase the medicine. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I’m cured by Dr. OLIHA herbal medicine, I’m very grateful to Dr. OLIHA, reach him now on (oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com ) or you can also call him on +2349038382931.

    Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. Emphysema
    8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    9. Asthma
    10.Acute angle-closure Glaucoma
    11. Diabetes
    12.CHRONIC PANCREATIC
    13.CHLAMYDIA
    14.ZIKA VIRUS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips