Fluffer Nutter Oatmeal

Ok, I know a lot of you are thinking, "Fluffer Nutter Oatmeal?! Elaine must have lost her mind!" And you might be right. However, for all of you oatmeal and fluffer nutter lovers, you should join in on my weird obsession and try this recipe.


As many of you know, I love oatmeal. It's a well-known fact that I eat it almost every single day. If I turn into one gigantic oat, I can't say that I'd be surprised. But really, what's not to love about oatmeal? It is great for so many reasons! It makes a wonderful breakfast that is nutritious and filling. It is also a great blank canvas for making a skinny dessert. Again, I know I'm crazy, BUT you can make oatmeal so sweet and delicious that it will satisfy your sweet cravings without loading on the fat and calories. Just trust me on this one.

So to keep things interesting and my taste buds intrigued, I always try to come up with new ways to make my oatmeal. It was only a matter of time before I tried the combination of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. For someone who grew up on and loved her fluffer nutter sandwiches, I am head over heels for anything with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. To try this combination of ingredients in my oatmeal, I decided to use PB2, which is a powdered peanut product. It is essentially peanut butter minus all of the oil, and thus is much healthier than traditional peanut butter but with the exact same flavor. I don't like to substitute PB2 for peanut butter in a lot of things, but when you just want the peanut butter flavor without all of the fat, PB2 is a great ingredient to use.


This skinny dessert (or sweet breakfast) is as easy as pie. Mix the oats, water, and sweetener together, pop it in the microwave for two minutes, stir in the PB2 and fluff and you have yourself one heck of a bowl of oatmeal. For any of those weird brilliant enough to try this recipe, I know for a fact that you will love it. And I promise that you have one person (me!) who won't think that you're weird. :-)

Fluffer Nutter Oatmeal
(1 serving)

1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup water or milk
1-2 packets of truvia (or sweetener of choice)*
2 Tbsp Original PB2
2 Tbsp marshmallow fluff

Add the oats, water or milk, and sweetener to a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir in the PB2 until well mixed. Swirl marshmallow fluff throw warm oatmeal until it starts to melt and it starts to mix in. I like seeing swirls of marshmallow throughout my oatmeal, but you could mix it until it is fully combined. Eat warm.

*You can eliminate the sweetener if you would like. Because the PB2 has no sugar in it, I wanted to add a bit of sweetness to the oatmeal in addition to the marshmallow fluff. You could also stir in 1-2 teaspoons of honey to give it that honey roasted peanut butter flavor.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 236.1
Total Fat: 4.5 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 104.2 mg
Total Carbs: 42.1 g
Fiber: 6.0 g
Sugars: 8.0 g
Protein: 10.1 g

Pros:
-Easy to make
-Minimal dishes to clean
-Quick skinny dessert or breakfast to satisfy your sweet tooth
-High in fiber
-Versatile-use honey instead of sweetener, mix in chocolate chips or bananas, use Chocolate PB2

Cons:
-High in carbs

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I will be making this! I want some right now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already made this three times since posting this recipe. I'm glad someone else likes the way this sounds and I'm not the only odd one. ;)

      Delete
  2. Did you know that I've NEVER had a fluffer nutter sandwich?! Yes, it's true. But being a peanut butter addict I have GOT to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgosh Caitlin, how have you never had a fluffer nutter sandwich?! It beats a peanut butter and jelly sandwich any day of the week. If you love marshmallow fluff, you definitely need to make a fluffer nutter sandwich (or bowl of oatmeal) very soon! :)

      Delete
  3. I just made this as my morning breakfast today. It was really yummy :) and very filling. I used almond milk and real peanut butter for mine though. Love oatmeal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a delicious, filling breakfast! I might just make myself a bowl this morning. :)

      Delete
  4. The Great Dr.OLIHA Herbal medicine is a good or perfect cure remedy for HIV Virus, I was diagnosed of HIV for almost 5 years, everyday i am always on research looking for a perfect way to get rid of this terrible disease as i always knew that what we need for our health is right here on earth though the scientist say there is know cure for this disease,on my search I saw some different testimony on how Dr. OLIHA has been able to cure HIV with is herbal medicine. I decided to contact this man, I contacted him and he guided me on how to purchase the medicine. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I’m cured by Dr. OLIHA herbal medicine, I’m very grateful to Dr. OLIHA, reach him now on (oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com ) or you can also call him on +2349038382931.

    Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. Emphysema
    8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    9. Asthma
    10.Acute angle-closure Glaucoma
    11. Diabetes
    12.CHRONIC PANCREATIC
    13.CHLAMYDIA
    14.ZIKA VIRUS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips