Rise and Shine Smoothie

There are some mornings that I find myself seriously dragging. Even after a cup of tea or coffee, I still feel like I'm living in a cloud. This is usually the result of staying up way too late because there is so much to do and so little time. But hey, sleep is for the weak right?


In addition to making more cups of coffee, I'll also add a squeeze of fresh lemon to my tea or water. This usually gives me a quick jolt of energy. I'm not sure if there is any scientific evidence behind this, or if I'm just dreaming it (since I'm sleep deprived when I experience this, I wouldn't doubt it). Either way, this gave me the idea to create a lemon smoothie, which I appropriately named Rise and Shine Smoothie. This creamy creation is the right balance of tart and sweet, and provides a little boost for those sluggish mornings. Give your coffee maker a break and try this smoothie!

Rise and Shine Smoothie
(1 smoothie)

1/2 medium banana
3 ounces fat free lemon yogurt (I used Yoplait Light Lemon Cream Pie)
1/4 cup low fat no salt added cottage cheese
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 Crystal Light Pure Lemonade packet
2-3 handfuls of ice
optional: 1 Tbsp chia seeds

Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 30 seconds, or until ingredients are well mixed. Add more ice for a thicker smoothie. Drink immediately.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 184.9
Total Fat: 1.8 g
Cholesterol: 2.3 mg
Sodium: 167.5 mg
Total Carbs: 31.4 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Sugars: 20.3 g
Protein: 10.3 g

Pros:
-Easy to make
-Easy clean-up
-Refreshing and delicious
-Great for breakfast or a snack
-Versatile- try adding other fruits (strawberries and blueberries go really well with this smoothie!)

Cons:
-Possible brain freeze ;-)

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips