Dessert Overnight Oats

Anddd my oatmeal obsession continues (refer to this post to read more about it). Before I talk about this recipe, let me start off by saying that one of my new favorite blogs is Peanut Butter Fingers. This blog has a lot of great recipes and ideas for working out and staying motivated. While I was browsing the recipe section on this blog, I came across Uber Chocolaty Overnight Oats. I've been reading a lot about overnight oats on Pinterest, but haven't tried a recipe yet. Seeing a chocolate overnight oats recipe changed my mind.


After making a few changes to the original recipe, I came up with my own version of dessert overnight oats. And as I expected, I'm even more obsessed with oatmeal than I was before. These dessert oats are tasty and good for you. Hard to beat that. While this dessert won't satisfy your most intense sweet tooth, they are great for a healthy dessert fix. And they are super easy to make. In less than five minutes, these ingredients are mixed and ready for the fridge. The only downfall is waiting until the next day to eat them. (As my favorite artist Tom Petty sings, "And the waiting is the hardest part...".) But believe me, the wait is worth it.

Dessert Overnight Oats
(1 serving)

1/2 cup old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp chia seeds
1-2 packets stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp Original PB2 (or 1 Tbsp regular creamy peanut butter)
Optional: 1 Tbsp chocolate chips

Add oats through vanilla to a plastic container or mason jar. Cover and store in refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours). Take oats out of refrigerator and add more milk until desired consistency is reached. In a small bowl, mix PB2 and 1 tablespoon of water to make a peanut butter sauce. (If using regular peanut butter, microwave 1 tablespoon of peanut butter for 5-10 seconds, or until it is slightly melted.) Mix most of peanut butter sauce into oats. If using chocolate chips, mix those in now. Top with remaining peanut butter sauce and a few chocolate chips. Serve chilled.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Information (for oats made with PB2):
1 serving
Per serving:
Calories: 240
Fat: 6.8g
Fiber: 8.5g

Pros:
-Great summertime dessert
-Very easy to make
-Easy clean-up
-Healthy and high in fiber
-Sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth but not too rich
-Versatile-use base recipe and add different ingredients (fruit, coconut, different chips, candy, etc)

Cons:
-Need to plan ahead a day in advance to let it sit overnight

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

2 comments:

  1. yum! making this tonight for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips