Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Oats

I get late night sugar cravings. A lot. In attempts to keep my waistline slim and bikini ready, I'm always experimenting with healthy ways to satisfy my sweet tooth. Earlier this week I was craving warm, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. While this type of cookie is not usually that unhealthy, I didn't like the thought of turning on my oven during our insane heat wave (it was still 90 degrees at 9pm). So why not get my oatmeal raisin fix by sprucing up regular oats with spices, flavorings, and raisins?


This was my first attempt at this creation and I must say it tasted pretty darn good. This recipe could also be prepared in the morning as it is not too sweet and the chai tea provides some caffeine to help wake you up. If you ever find yourself craving oatmeal raisin cookies, give this healthier version a try. You won't be disappointed.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Oats
(1 serving)

1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup slightly sweet chai tea concentrate
2 packets stevia or sweetener of choice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp butter extract
1/4 cup raisins

Combine quick cooking oats, chai tea concentrate, sweetener, and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and butter extracts to mixture; stir to combine all ingredients. Add raisins to oats and stir. Serve warm.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Information:
1 serving
Per serving:
Calories: 330
Fat: 3g
Fiber: 6g

Pros:
-Filling
-Quick and easy to make
-Easy clean-up
-High in fiber
-Provides a mini pick-me-up with 70mg of caffeine (in the chai tea)

Cons:
-Expensive in comparison to other oatmeal recipes (chai tea concentrate and extracts are costly)
-Caloric in comparison to other oatmeal recipes (reduce amount of raisins for a lower calorie version)

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips